Sunday, September 23, 2007

Swatch # 77


So, in doing this project I have been touched by almost every fabric that we have received. Each one is special and unique and just as lovely as the next. This one made me cry- but in the best way possible. This fabric is from Laura, a friend of my mom's. She gave the wish and fabric to my mom just after we received the news of our referral, a very emotional day for all of us caught in the midst of Mattine's adoption journey. I don't normally copy down the entire wish but I think this one everyone following this should hear or read.


Dear Mattie,

Today is a beautiful and wonderful day. Today your mommy and daddy received the referral. You are but a step away from them. I received the joyous news today from your Grandma, my friend Sandy. The tears in her eyes were shared with me and I in turn wanted to take today and let you know how much a part of their lives you already are. Your journey to your family started in their hearts and that is the significance in this fabric that I found to add to your quilt. Always remember that you were i their hearts before you were in their arms. These hearts are but a symbol of the joy you have brought to so many. For one so little, you have brought happiness. You have touched so many hearts just by being you. Welcome Home!


"To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides!" - Daryn Biscotti


Thank you Laura! I am truly touched by your message and how eloquently you stated it on such a wonderful day for our family.

No comments: